How to Know Right From Wrong

  • Everything is permissible for me – but not everything is beneficial (1 Corinthians 6:12)


Question 1: Is it helpful – physically, spiritually and mentally?



  • Everything is permissible for me – but I will not be mastered by anything (1 Corinthians 6:12)


Question 2: Does it bring me under its power?



  • Therefore if whatever I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall (1 Corinthians 8:13)

Question 3: Does it hurt others?



  • So whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Question 4: Does it glorify God?


From: Jerry Bridges ‘The Pursuit of Holiness’ p62

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. We love to hear our reader's responses. :)