Quote... Elisabeth Elliot, Trials

"Hardly a day does by without my receiving a letter, a phone call, or a visit from someone in trouble. Almost always the question comes, in one form or another, why does God do this to me? When I am tempted to ask that same question, it loses it's power when I remember that this Lord, into whose strong hands I long ago committed my life, is engineering a universe of unimaginable proportions and complexity. How could I possibly understand all that he must take into consideration as he deals with it and with me, a single individual! He has given us countless assurances that we cannot get lost in the shuffle. He choreographs the "molecular dance" which goes on every second of every minute of every day in every cell of the universe. For the record, one cell has about 200 trillion molecules. He makes note of the smallest seed and the tiniest sparrow. He is not too busy to keep records of even my falling hair. Yet in our darkness we suppose he has overlooked us. He hasn't." 
Elisabeth Elliot  (p41 of 'Keep a Quiet  Heart')

2 comments:

  1. It is something important to remember, that God has made everything and takes care of it, even to the smallest of things. As Matthew 10:29-31 "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." It is encouraging and very important to remember especially when we are finding things hard.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. We love to hear our reader's responses. :)