Labels: Christian Living, Current Affairs, Education, Question for Discussion · Posted by Walking Worthy at 22:07
The question of education is a big and sticky one amongst Christians today. Some Christians are convinced that Education of their children must be explicitly Christian and must also be at home. Other Christians would argue that there is actually no such thing as Christian education and that all children should be sent to the state school!
Most of us involved in this blog (either as writers or readers) are younger and not yet married neither do we have children. Never the less this is a question that is important for us to answer in our own minds before we get to that point.
For this reason I have compiled a list of questions for you to thing about and then post answers to below. What do you think?
1. Is there such a thing as a 'Christian education'?
2. What does God tell us about education that is relevant to us today?
3. Christian school, secular school or home education?
4. How were you educated/ are being educated? What are you reflections on your experience?
5. How does each of the main three options (Christian school, secular school or home education) compare in preparing children for life?
6. How does each of the main three options compare at preparing and growing a child spiritually?
7. What is a parent's duty in relation to their children anyway?
8. And, whose responsibility is it to make sure that children are educated? Who says?
By Thomas van den Broek